NECA T-800 modification
260 words, 2-minute read
I was browsing ebay and found a 1/6 scale endoskeleton by NECA (National Entertainment Collectibles Association). It is a collectible item, but it looks and feels like a toy. I mean, It looks pretty good, but it could become even better with some modifications. I want to get rid of the toy look and improve details.
I searched youtube, and found this.
This guy was doing what I wanted to do. So I tried to make similar modifications myself with the materials I had at my disposal.
Improvements I want to make
- Remove head screw for battery compartment
- Fill screw holes with putty
- Replace head joint to increase movement
- Open the chest
- Widen shoulders
- Improve hip joints to increase movement and posability
- Remove material from upper arms
- Scratch build new forearms
- Scratch build new hands (original are too bulky)
- Improve upper legs, add details
- Scratch build new feet
- Replace eye LEDs
- Scratch build jaw pistons
- Add hydraulic cables to pistons to add realism
So the first step is to take it apart.