Sazabi Formania Ver. Part 2

Brand: Gundam Modeling Group + Bandai

Tags: sazabiresin conversion kit

930 words, 5-minute read

It's time for a project update. I have been making slow progress, aking sure all the parts fit nicely.

Most of the parts require some work before they fit together properly. This is one of the most difficult models I have built so far, but also fun.

Wet sanding, re-scribing panel lines. Filling with putty, Superglue, Pinning with brass rods.

Tools..
Tools..

Legs

When adding the armour to the legs, I realized that I had put the leg thrusters on wrong, so the armour did not fit. I had to remove them and during this I broke some parts. I decided to fix that with epoxy putty.

Filling with milliput
Filling with milliput

This also gives more strength, and this part is not so visible anyways. I will sand it and clean it up so it looks good.

Filling with milliput
Filling with milliput

Torso

The torso consists of many parts that need to be adjusted and glued together. However I don't want to glue everything together, to make the painting process easier.

Some parts fit poorly
Some parts fit poorly
Adding Tamiya putty, looks rough before sanding
Adding Tamiya putty, looks rough before sanding

I had got a duplicate part, so I had to make a mirroed copy, again Milliput is very handy.

Re-shaped duplicate part
Re-shaped duplicate part

Arms & shoulders

The arms was pretty straight forward putting together. However I have not glued any of the parts yet.

Arms
Arms

The shoulders are tricky, as they have a mechanism that holds thrusters, and the parts seem a bit fragile.

Shoulders
Shoulders
Arms and shoulder parts
Arms and shoulder parts
Shoulder mechanism
Shoulder mechanism

Backpack

The backpack was a bit tricky putting together. None of the parts had a good fit, so I had to do quite a lot of sanding and gluing.

Cleaning and sanding backpack parts
Cleaning and sanding backpack parts
More sanding
More sanding
Test fitting backpack parts
Test fitting backpack parts
Using brass rods to give strength
Using brass rods to give strength

I used brass rods to give extra strength to some parts. I will use this method on more parts when assembling to give strength.

Backpack coming together
Backpack coming together
Add panel line to check linework
Add panel line to check linework

Reveal

This badboy is quite heavy and will require some work so it can stand up freely without falling apart on me. Also there are some parts that are quite fragile, so I need to handle them with care.

Test assembly
Test assembly
Test assembly
Test assembly
Test assembly
Test assembly
Test assembly
Test assembly
Test assembly
Test assembly

Looking good, but there is a lot of work to do before I can start painting it. I will add more brass rods to pin parts together strongly and securely.

Lot's of details that needs to be improved to make it look top notch.